Was watching a video on the Daily Caller, but saw this ad for Marriott’s Springhill Suites before the video started.
Clearly a WMATA train. I think the station is north of Shaw on the Green Yellow — not entirely sure.
He’s walking into a train and … IS THAT A PLANT AND A LAMP?
This is not where I parked my car.
What kind of messed up train is this?
Hey dude, why are you staring at me?
All in all, an interesting commercial — I couldn’t find a link to a sharable version. I’m presuming here, but I am glad WMATA is doing creative things to raise money.
But, a few questions/comments:
- Given the handles on the ceiling and the non-carpeted floor, this appears to be one of the newer cars. You know, the ones the NTSB doesn’t think will telescope and kill all of us. Did WMATA take a relatively safer car out of service to be used for a commercial? If so, that’s not really cool.
- I hope Springhill Suites paid for the tear down and putting it back together.
- Or, if it hasn’t been put back to normal service, will WMATA put that car in service? That would be fun. Maybe a locals-only lounge for extreme commuters who can pay more to sit in such a car.
- I hope this was done at night after Metro was closed, as not to delay service.
- Or it’s entirely possible that green screens were used to good effect. You’ll notice that the first scene is filmed in a middle platform station, and the fourth screengrab was filmed where the platforms were on either side.
- Maybe they filmed in multiple stations.
- How much does WMATA charge for such access?