At my place of employment, we put out a magazine once a week. And those of us who work on the production side have to stay there pretty late getting it to the printer. Like 1 a.m. late. And then there’s all of the little tasks you have to accomplish after everything has been sent where it needs to go.
As a result, you’ll get home after 1, and since you’re already caffeinated, after an episode of Jeopardy! and the Blacklist, it’ll be 3 before you’re asleep.
So, on Fridays. You sleep in. You’re groggy. When you wake up, you want comfort food.
Here’s my latest creation, the Friday Brunch Burger.
- 1 Egg
- Powdered seasoning of choice (Old Bay, Tony Chachere’s, Lawry’s, Cavender’s, etc.)
- 1 Hamburger Patty (or fresh ground beef equivalent.)
- 1 slice American Cheese
- Ciabatta Bun
- 1 tsp Buffalo Wing Sauce (Hot sauce is OK as a substitute.)
- 1 tsp Steak Sauce (A1 or similar.)
- Toast the ciabatta bun in a toaster or toaster oven while frying the egg in a skillet. Season egg appropriately.
- Place the cheese on the fried egg and set on a plate.
- Fry up the burger and season appropriately.
- Mix Buffalo and Steak sauce in cup while frying burger.
- When complete, stack together, pour on the sauce, and enjoy.
Yes, my wife is out of town and has no idea this is what I like to do on Fridays when she travels.